ScholarshipOpportunity.org is another resource available for parents and students to find scholarships. What makes them unique is they have created guides that have scholarships separated into categories.
The Scholarship Guides
According to their site, the “Scholarship Opportunities” series features scholarships available for all students as well as those specifically for minority and under-represented students. They have sorted out the scams and tracked down the legitimate scholarships, internships, and fellowships, saving you months of research. Their books will help you find the scholarships you’re eligible for, so you can get your college degree without drowning in student-loan debt. Their series includes:
- How to Find Scholarship Opportunities Online
- Scholarship Opportunities for Non-Traditional Students
- Scholarship Opportunities for STEM Majors
- Scholarship Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarship Opportunities for First Generation Students
- Scholarship Opportunities for Minority Students
- Scholarship Opportunities for LGBTQ Students
- Scholarship Opportunities for Veterans and Their Families
- Scholarship Opportunities for Women
- Scholarship Opportunities for Everyone
Each guide is available for undergraduates, graduates, and internships and fellowships.
Their publications are available for you to download in a variety of formats (Amazon Kindle, mobile devices, and computers). The Scholarship Opportunity series of books are interactive, filled with links to hundreds of scholarships and their online applications.
They also have a blog that helps take the guesswork out of applying for scholarships by giving you tips and tricks to help you find and land scholarship opportunities that can save you money and cut student loan debt.
Each Tuesday they review scholarship sites to help you navigate effectively to find the real scholarships without joining the military. They discuss great sites and sites they think are a waste of your precious time.
On Thursday, they feature specific scholarships, highlighting detailed information on eligibility criteria, award amounts, required documents, contact information, and a link to the online application. These blog posts will give you a glimpse of the rich resources that their books offer.